About UNited We Hack
Globally, women’s earnings are, on average, 24 percent less than men’s, and even in developed countries —where policies are increasingly supportive of female employment— women on average earn just half as much income as men over their lifetimes. The contrast is even starker in developing countries.
How can we use innovation to benefit women financially and economically around the world?
On August 15th and 16th, join us at Microsoft Singapore for a 24 hour hackathon to innovate in the field of women’s financial and economic empowerment. This hackathon is open to men and women who are interested in using the latest API’s to create cutting edge solutions around gender equity and financial equality.
August 13th, 2015 from 8pm – 10pm Singapore Time.
The information session will be hosted via WebEx. All developers, designers and entrepreneurs are invited to join as we propose the hackathon challenge, introduce the technology and answer any questions to help ensure an amazing hackathon.
Here is how you log in:
1. Download all WebEx Software, if you haven’t done so already, http://www.webex.com/
2. Click on the link below and follow instructions:
Meeting number: 191 497 376
Meeting password: This meeting does not require a password.
Audio Connection: +1-415-655-0001 US TOLL
- 9:00 am – Doors Open
- 10:00 am – Registration
- 12:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Coding Begins
- 6:00 pm – Dinner
- 12:00 am – Midnight Snack
- 8:00 am – Breakfast
- 11:30 am – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Submission Deadline
- 2:00 pm – Judging
- 4:00 pm – Awards
- 5:00 pm – Closing
Rules & Judging Criteria
- Fresh Code – to keep things fair, all teams start coding at the same time
- Ownership & IP – all teams own the code they create
- Team Size – Teams up to 5 people
- Submission – All projects need to be listed by Sunday at 1PM
- Participation Agreement: please read and sign agreement
- Respect Each Other & Have Fun!
- Simplicity (5 points): Is the application simple to use and can the team explain it clearly in three sentences or less?
- Creativity (5 points): How creative was the team in developing an innovative solution for the challenge?
- Impact (5 points): Did the team create an application that can have a real and valuable impact?
- Design (5 points): Was the UX/UI intuitive and appealing?
The best idea from the hack will receive:
The second best idea from the hack will receive: